Publish Your Diskbase Books And Ebooks
They are sometimes referred to as electronic books or diskbased books.
Due to the fact of the ever-increasing use of computers in the home for organization and individual use, and because of the fees mentioned above, the writing and publishing of electronic books
is becoming much more practical for numerous applications.
So, what is an electronic, or virtual book? A straightforward explanation would be to say that an electronic book is a pc floppy disk on which is contained a disk-reading program and a text file The actual contents of the book). Depending on the type of disk-reader employed, the person reading the “book” can start off at the beginning, the middle, the end, or any other place, page, chapter, section, etc.
Disk-reading programs are also referred to as text organizers or file viewers.
Depending, again, on the kind and complexity of the disk-reading program utilised, the author can present to the reader a table of contents or a list of topics from which the reader can select, with just a couple of keystrokes and instantly access the desired material
The slow option to reading a lengthy text file with out a good file viewer is to scroll via the text from commence to finish. At very best you can jump ahead or back 1 page of text at a time, but you will have no capability to preselect a particular page, word, line, topic, or any other special location.
So how is it completed? Simply! The book or other work is composed on a text editor rather than a “full-blown” word processor. As the book is being written, the author contains
particular short commands that are “read” by the file viewer. These hidden commands allow the person reading the book to move about the book just as if he had been reading a printed book.
Other commands let the reader to pull up menus, access support windows, answer questions, mark specific selections and accomplish other tasks.
A selection of text organizers or file viewers, and text editors for composing the work, are accessible from personal computer software program dealers who distribute “share ware”. Share ware is a
form of software program marketing whereby the user is allowed to try a program before purchasing it. These shareware programs are copyrighted material and the user is obligated to pay for it if he utilised it beyond a reasonable evaluation period. The price of “registering” or paying for these tie viewing and text editing programs ranges from to .
This author employed the version of the IRIS hypertext file viewer and the MS-DOS text editor already included with DOS five.. That is a total expense of .00 to get started simply because IRIS cam be distributed with your electronic book “royalty free of charge”. That indicates you may write an electronic book using IRIS as the viewer sell the book at any cost with IRIS included so that it can be read, and not have to pay any royalty to the author of IRIS. The “SEE” file viewer, although not getting as many characteristics as IRIS, can also be utilized royalty totally free.
Here’s a few factors why publishing electronic books makes sense:
1. Much less high-priced than conventional publishing. To get the cost of any printed book below .00 you would have to have five to ten thousand printed. The price of your test
electronic book can be less than .00, counting the cost of purchasing a file viewer. After that, your only expense per copy is the cost of the floppy disks. Mail order supply houses sell them for as small as 19 cents apiece for five.25″ DSDD disks in lots of 500 or 1000. If you only purchase 100, the price could be 25 cents apiece.
2. You can edit or alter the contents of your unsold books at any time! New informs lion can be added or obsolete data can be removed making use of the text editor. You would, of course, have to copy the edited version of your function to the other disks.
3. Generate only the books you want: Assemble each and every book only when an order comes in for that book! It only takes two or three minutes. This also solves the editing problem mentioned above. By getting only a “master” book, you only have to make additions or deletions of text to 1 book.
4. If huge quantities are necessary for any cause, commercial disk duplication businesses can turn out big numbers of your book at a extremely reasonable expense Nonetheless far much less than conventional printing.
five. There are several disk-book libraries and publishers to help you locate a market place for your book. Dealers of share ware and retail programs are now including sections in their catalogs for disk-based books.
6. Mailing fees are significantly lowered. Your book on a five.25 inch disk can be mailed alone in a 6 x 9 inch envelope for 1 test class stamp. It is generally much more practical, even so, to use a protective disk mailer, and to incorporate associated documents with your disk. The disk mailer supplies much a lot more protection for your disk-book, but raises the weight to the next postage unit.
A brief list of text editors, tie viewers, and sources is included below:
Two sources for file viewing and text editing programs are:
3755 Avocado Blvd #110
La Mesa, CA 91941
Public Brand Software program,
PRO. Box 51315
Indianapolis, IN 46251
This list of programs and sources is by no means all-inclusive and are utilised as examples only.